The Office is a family of a comprehensive and versatile range of tools that helps you to be more creative and achieve all the goals easily. Using these applications, you can simplify your work and increase your productivity by enabling you to access its ultimate features. For enjoying its best-in-class application, you have to go through the Office.com/setup procedure. In order to set up the application, follow the below-given processes one-by-one.
Minimum System Requirements
Before you begin with the Office.com/setup procedure, you first have to make your system is compatible with the application. This helps you to enjoy the error-free setup. In order to make your system compatible, fulfill all the given requirements.
Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Mac: Only the recent three versions of macOS will be supported by Office. In these three versions, one will be the newer version and the other two will be the two immediate previous versions.
Windows: 1.6 GHz or faster, 2-core
Mac: Intel processor
Windows: 4GB RAM; 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
Mac: 4 GB RAM
Windows: 4.0 GB
Mac: 10 GB
For Office setup, the first step is to purchase the Office subscription. You can make the purchase by visiting the official website of Office. From the official website, select the product that fulfills all your requirements. After the successful completion of the purchase, you have to download its setup file. You can download the setup file by following the given process.
- Launch a web browser on your computing system.
- Then, access the Office Login window by entering the “Office.com/login” in the address bar.
- After that, sign in to your account and provide the email address and password linked with your account. However, if you are a new user, then click “Create one” and enter the profile information.
- When you reach your Office account, you will get your purchased product mentioned there.
- Tap the “Install” link provided beside your Office subscription.
- By doing so, the download process will begin. This might take a few minutes for the completion of the process. So, you have to wait until the process gets completed.
- During the download process, a popup box might appear on your screen asking you to select the desired location to save the downloaded setup file. Change the location by tapping the “Browse” button. In case, you won’t get the popup box, then, your file will automatically get saved in the Downloads folder.
How to Install Office.com/setup?
After the completion of the download process, you have to install the application on your device. The installation process will vary with your operating system, hence follow the given process as per your OS.
- First and foremost, access the folder that you have selected for saving the downloaded setup file. However, if you have not changed, then open the Downloads folder.
- After that, look for the downloaded setup file of Office. Then, double click it to proceed with the Office.com/setup process.
- Further, you might get a Security Warning pop-up on your screen. This asks you to allow the Office application to run on your device. For allowing the application click the “Run” tab.
- Meanwhile, the User Account Control pop-up box will also appear on your screen. Click the “Yes” button to allow the application to make the required changes to your system.
- By doing so, the Office.com/setup file starts installing in your system. This is a time-consuming process, hence wait for its completion.
- Once the process gets completed, you have come out of the installation wizard by clicking the “Close” tab.
- Start the Office.com/setup process by opening the Downloads folder on your Mac device.
- Then, double-click the downloaded setup file.
- Now, the installation wizard will appear on your screen. From the welcome window, you have to click the “Continue” button.
- After that, you will see the License Agreement window. You are required to read the document carefully before you move further.
- Once you are done with reading the document, you have to click “Continue”.
- Next, change the location of your Office.com/setup file. For this, click the “Change Install Location” tab. Then, select the desired location.
- Thereafter, tap the “Install” button to move further with the office.com/setup procedure.
- Subsequently, a popup box will appear asking you to confirm the installation process by entering the Mac administrator username and password. After entering the credentials, tap the “Install Software” option.
- This will begin the installation process.
- Now, you have to wait until the process gets completed.
- After the successful completion of the office.com/setup process, click the “Close” tab and come out of the installation wizard.
Once you are done with download and installation, the last step is to activate the Office Subscription. Activating your product will help you to access all the premium features your product is offering. In order to activate your subscription, you are required to have the product key code. This code is a 25 digit alphanumeric code that works as an identification of your product. You will get this code only after purchasing the Office subscription.
Find the activation code in the following locations.
- Confirmation Email
If you have purchased your Office subscription from the official website, then you will get the product key code in the confirmation mail. The Office will send you the mail on your registered email address, just after the completion of the purchase procedure.
- Purchased Product Box
Your keycode will be on the product key card that is available in the purchased product box. This is possible only if you have purchased the product from a third party.
- Order History
In case you won’t find the keycode anywhere, then you can look in your order history. For this, you have to sign in to your Office account and then open the order history page. There, click the “Install Office” tab and consequently, you will get your product key code there.
Once you get the product key code, you can move to the activation procedure. For this, follow the below-mentioned procedure.
- First of all, open any one the Office application that you have downloaded. You can access either Ms-Word, Ms-Powerpoint, Ms-Excel, etc.
- Further, you are required to sign in to your Office account. For this, enter the email address and password that are linked with your Office account.
- After that, the License Agreement window will appear. Read the whole document carefully. After reading, you have to accept the terms and conditions mentioned in it by clicking the “Accept” tab.
- Thereafter, the activation wizard will display on your screen.
- In this wizard, select any one of the activation methods from “Activate over the internet” and “Activate by telephone”.
- However, the Office recommends you to select “Activate over the internet” option. Selecting this will display a screen to enter the product key code. Carefully enter the keycode and follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the activation process.
- In case you are selecting the “Activate by telephone”, then follow the on-screen instructions else contact the Customer Care for the support.