To initiate the process of Office Setup, first, you have to purchase the preferred version of MS Office. If you are willing to purchase a Microsoft Office product you need to visit the online Microsoft Store. After purchasing the Office product, you will get an online receipt by means of a “Purchase Confirmation Email”. This email contains a 25-digit alphanumeric “Product Key” that is used to activate your subscription. You can trace the “Product Key” on your Installation CD or Retail Card in case of offline purchase.
- Start the process by opening the web browser that is available on your computer. For example, you may have Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Thereafter, go to the activation window by typing in “office.com/setup” in the browser’s address bar. Then, hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- By doing so, it will take you to the required result page.
- In the very first window that appears, you are required to log in to your Office account. In order to login to your account, you have to click on the Sign In tab. Move ahead with the login process by following the on-screen prompts closely.
- In case, if you are a new user and don’t have an account, then you have to create an account. In order to create a new account, you have to click on the “Create Account” tab and follow the on-screen prompts carefully.
- Further, you have to enter the “25 digit Activation Code” in the next step. Be very vigilant while entering this code.
- Along with this, you will get an option to select your country name and your preferred language. You can select the name of your country and language by clicking on the drop-down menu list.
- After this, tap on the “Next” tab.
- In the subsequent window, you have to click on the “Next” tab.
- Now, the Microsoft Office will give you a secure link to download your purchased product on this portal. Proceed further with the downloading procedure by clicking on the “Install” tab next to the Office product that you want to download.
- This starts downloading the Office product on your device.
Installation For office.com/setup
- Begin the installation process of Microsoft Office, by opening the downloads folder on your computer.
- Double-click on the downloaded setup file of Office in order to open it.
- As a result, it will prompt you with a Security Warning pop up box. In this pop-up box, you are required to click on the “Run” tab.
- As soon as you click on this option, it will take you to the User Control dialog box. This dialog box actually, asks for your approval to make changes to your system. To proceed with the process, click “Yes”.
- This begins the installation process of Microsoft Office for Office Setup. You have to wait for some time until the installation process is going on.
- After completing the installation procedure it will move you to the Confirmation window. In this window, you will be notified with a message stating “You’re all set! Office is installed now”.
- In the end, tap on Close to exit the Installer.
- To begin with, locate the downloaded Office setup file on your system. You can trace the downloaded setup file in the default download location which is the “Downloads” folder.
- Now, right-click the downloaded setup file to open it.
- In the window that follows, select “Continue” to start the installation process for Office Setup.
- After that, review the terms and conditions of the License Agreement closely by clicking on its respective link.
- Proceed further by clicking on the “Continue” tab.
- In case, if you agree to all the terms and conditions of the document, select the “Agree” checkbox.
- In the upcoming window, click on the “Continue” tab.
- Just in case, if you want to change the default installation location, click on the “Browse” tab. Then, you have to select your desired folder in which you want to install the file and click “Ok”.
- Now, go back to the installation window and tap on the install button.
- By doing so, a pop-up box will appear that will ask you to enter your Mac User Credentials. Enter the Mac Login credentials accurately and click on the “Install Software” tab.
- This will start the installation process.
- In the end, you will get the Confirmation window. In this window you will be notified with a message stating “You’re all set! Office is installed now”. Click on Close to exit the Installer.